Why you Need a Video Strategy for your Business
Here’s something to chew on: YouTube is the second largest search engine next to Google. Whether you are working with a large budget or you are a shoestring startup, it’s easier than ever to create amazing videos. Sometimes using equipment you already carry around with you every day – like your iPhone – gets the job done.
If you don’t have a video marketing strategy for your business yet, then read below or call our awesome staff and we’ll guide you through the process.
Video Marketing Volume Statistics:
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- YouTube has 1B+ users, almost one-third of total internet users.
- 45% of people watch 1+ hour of Facebook or YouTube videos per week.
- 500+ million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day.
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
Fun Video Marketing Facts
- – Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- – Internet video traffic made up 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017.
- – By 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
- – The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.
Creating your Video Marketing Strategy
1. Understand your audience and set campaign goals
What are you trying to drive – awareness, sales, traffic, or all of the above? You need to use the right tone of voice and articulate the appropriate message. Go back to basics – You need to hit the right person with the right message at the right time on the right medium. It’s important to spend time gathering consumer insights before launching your video because these are the insights that will inform the type of videos you produce and how much money you will spend creating them.
2. Stay on brand, and nail down your message across videos
What are you trying to drive – awareness, sales, traffic, or all of the above? You need to use the right tone of voice and articulate the appropriate message or your brand story. Go back to basics – You need to hit the right person with the right message at the right time on the right medium. It’s important to spend time gathering consumer insights before launching your video because these are the insights that will inform the type of videos you produce and how much money you will spend creating them.
3. Make sure your video budget makes sense
Many marketers make the mistake of thinking that allocating a ton of money into a video project will automatically make it a huge success. On the flip side, not spending enough on a far-reaching campaign may hurt your brand’s image by not letting the messaging come across in a low-quality way.
4. Optimize your videos and target for each channel
Depending on the channels you choose to launch your campaigns, you’ll need to make sure your videos are optimized to get as much engagement as possible. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram all have different size requirements and optimization tools. For Facebook, this means keeping it short, uploading videos directly to the channel, and adding captions. For YouTube, this means waiting two weeks after your video launches to make any tweaks and refining your target audience.
5. Test and Test again
Just like for display ad campaigns, A/B testing should help you figure out what elements of a campaign are working out, and what isn’t. Maybe it’s not the creative but your messaging, or maybe it’s the time of day you’re deploying your campaign, or the channels you’re choosing. Or maybe your videos are too long or too short. Whatever it is, make sure you test, and test again to figure out the optimal content and timing of your campaigns.
Want more statistics to assist with your 2019 strategy? Call us today to schedule a free consultation! 863.272.9989 Or, click here to contact us for more details.