Let’s Get Personal – Give Me What I Want, When I Want it, How I …
Need to create a groundswell in 2019? Then you need to personalize your marketing – and that means personalized content, advertisements, products, emails, banners and more.
With the availability of data like POS (point of sale) purchase history, consumer behavior (CRM, Google Analytics) and links clicked (Email, Ad and Online Analytics), as well as sophisticated software to implement campaigns, custom content has never been easier. Put yourself in your consumer’s state of mind. Give me what I want, when I want it, how I want it and on the appropriate device.
Consider these personalization stats:
- 63% of consumers are highly annoyed with generic advertising messages and emails
- 80% say they are more likely to do business with a company if it offers personalized experiences and ads
- 90% claim they find personalization appealing
As per EmailMonks, “Personalized, triggered e-mails based on behavior are 3x better than batch-and-blast e-mails.”
Top examples of businesses leveraging the power of personalization always include Netflix and Amazon, with their tailored recommended products or movie titles. But other companies successfully using personalization include:
- EasyJet launched a data-driven email campaign that used customers’ travel history with the airline to build personalized stories, which then suggested where they might like to travel next. About 12.5 million unique emails were sent, which had a 25% higher click-through rate than non-personalized emails.
- Cadbury’s created a personalized video campaign that matched a Dairy Milk flavor with users based on data from their Facebook profile, including age, interest and location. The campaign saw a 65% click-through rate and a 33.6% conversation rate, proving the personal touch works.
- Starbucks uses a gamified mobile app that draws on data like purchase history and location to get as personal as possible, allows customers to customize their drinks, and encourages further use with its rewards system – which skyrocketed their revenue to $2.56 billion.
Image Source: SingleGrain.com
Contact us today to learn how AI helps add personalization to your email campaigns, how personalization can increase the impact of email marketing and how AI is shaping the future of content marketing and personalization.